Specialty evening auctions- extra care for highly desired pieces
Every month we curate a special evening auction featuring the finer, more desirable items.
These sales provide a stylish showroom, professional photographs, researched and detailed descriptions and additional marketing so your unique items can be seen nation wide and internationally. We allow three days of pre bidding and inspection times, so those looking for that prized item can’t miss out.
There are two types of specialty auctions:
Showcase & Fine Art
We hand select unique and important pieces of antique furniture, clocks, watches, jewellery, sterling silver, bronzes, lighting, mirrors, rugs, tapestries, porclain, objet d’art and other oddities. These items are curated in our Showcase Room, where their set up is meticulously arranged to compliment each other.
Mid-Century Design & Contemporary Art
We specialise in Danish designed furniture and works of contemporary art. In this sale we transform the showcase room into the 1960s-1970s. This enduring style is still going strong in a city renowned for it’s mid century design. We look for Scandinavian and Australian designers along with contemporary local furniture makers. The room is usually filled with ceramics, glass, lounges, dining suites, sideboards, lighting and mid century art.
- Request an appraisal- upload your images along with measurements (cm) and additional infomation ie. medium of artworks, provenance if known, condition faults etc.
- We receive the request and forward it to the right specialists at Scammells
- Our Appraisers assess the items over the next 24-48 hours, researching and finding the most up to date values
- Your appraisal is compiled and formatted by our appraisal team
- Whilst this is happening you will receive some handy information by email from our Appraisal Department
- Within 72 hours (3 working days) you receive your appraisal by email